Thursday, August 22, 2013

Saline IV Therapy

On Friday i got my very first dose of saline solution. I only got 1 bag to start with and it took about an hour and a half. It took a little longer because while i was getting the saline my hand started hurting really badly so they had to slow it down and they wrapped my hand up in a hot blanket which seemed to help. I think it was just going in too fast for my small veins.

I noticed right away after i finished that i wasn't as dizzy as i was when i went in. I didn't feel that different for about an hour, more tired from sitting for an hour. So i really thought it wasn't helping at all and i was a little upset.

Around 1 or 2 hours later i just got this major burst of energy. It was amazing i haven't had any energy the past year let alone HUGE amounts of energy. I really didn't even know what to do with myself i just kind of ran around the room i felt so good. It was the best feeling in the world having so much energy. The next day i didn't have nearly as much energy as before but i still felt pretty decent. I was able to go out for about 2 hours but then i needed to lay down for awhile to recover. The day after that i was back to feeling crappy, not as crappy as i had before the saline but still not very good.

The saline wore off super quick and i didn't get that long of a time with energy. I was kind of disappointed at how fast i felt bad again but i am still really happy at how great it worked even for just a few days.

I am definitely going to be trying this again and probably more regularly, i think the maximum was every 10 days. I am hoping this will keep me going and help boost me to get the energy i need to workout and exercise so i can start feeling better in the long run.

Here are some links talking about saline and how to talk to your doctor about getting it. I can see that its helped me some and i have read many other blogs about people getting saline who love it. I haven't seen one bad review or experience with getting saline before.

http://potsgrrl.blogspot.ca/p/in-support-of-iv-saline-therapy-for.html

http://potsgrrl.blogspot.ca/2011/08/how-to-talk-to-your-doctor-about-iv.html

No comments:

Post a Comment